Thursday, July 12, 2007

A pleasant surprise

Today, around noon I emailed a friend of a friend who went to a top B-school and works for a bulge bracket bank on wall street. Within 5 minutes I got a reply back from him. I was probably lucky in that my email was on top of his inbox list when he took a break for lunch but it was still nice of him to take the time to respond and offer to help me understand the life of an investment banker. Sadly, he did mention that his post-MBA career does not leave him much time to pursue his hobbies. So those stories about having to work from 8am till 2am 7 days a week are not the exception but the norm. I hope to talk to him some more about his school and maybe get a stock tip or two ;-)

1 comment:

Deepthroat said...

I appreciate ur stand...

I didn't know people actually wrote about all this until you gave me that link. Thanks again.

The best thing is to stick what you like.

Thats the very thing that makes us human and different- that we can look at the same thing and see it differently... :)

Which schools are u targeting....