Sunday, July 15, 2007

Any older applicants out there ?

It's only been a week since I started blogging about my MBA application process and am glad I did so. In this time, I've been able to offer advice and receive support for some of my views. It's also been interesting going through the blogs of other applicants as some intensify their GMAT preparations while those who already have their target score agonize over their choice of schools. Speaking of which, I've had to eliminate H/S/W from the list of schools I'm thinking of applying to. Why ? Because I'm too old for them. As if being a MIT(male indian techie) wasn't bad enough, I'm also over the age of 28 which is another strike against me since H/S/W favor younger applicants. This is not to say that a 34yr old neurosurgeon who works for doctors without borders in Darfur won't get accepted to the holy trinity but not all of us have that kind of wow factor in our profiles.
So unless I manage to do something earth shattering within the next 3 months :-) I will need to focus my efforts towards schools that are more "older" applicant friendly.

2 comments:

kpmg said...

So.. where to? Tuck/Chicago/Kellogg?

all the best :)

Jaguar Paw said...

I myself will be 29 when I matriculate this year. I would not rule out atleast W for those over 28. In fact, I know several people who applied when they were near 32-33 and got in.