Thursday, October 18, 2007

Where's the magic ?

So I submitted my application to Chicago GSB on the R1 deadline. I had a few friends review my essays. One of them said I had done a great job of why Chicago and showed good industry knowledge. Another said my opening was very catchy and my goals very specific. I even got a "your goals were too specific !!!". They liked my second essay too. Essay 3 really allowed me to express myself and show a side of me I could not have otherwise. I really had fun with it.

But I didn't get any oohs and aahs over my essays which makes me worry that I might not stand out. As an applicant from an over-represented applicant pool, do I need to sprinkle fairy dust all over my essays ?

4 comments:

Deepthroat said...

Thanxs a lot... I understand I am a bit shaken because my chance sin other schools i have applied to is slimmer...lets c how it goes.

Jaguar Paw said...

Hi globetrotter - thanks for visiting my blog. Congrats on Ross! It is a GREAAAT school and the people are fun too.

Jaguar Paw said...

still not decided..waiting for charlottesville to release scholarship info..hope they match Durham - that will make dcision easier!

Hobbes said...

hey!!! thats fantastic! Congrats!

You will know the $$$ only once you get a letter from them. They will notify you if you get schol, and then send a separate notification with the actual amount.

Lemme know if you want to talk or have any questions I could answer.

Congrats once again!